Heading to warm and sunny Austin, Texas in March every year isn’t such a bad idea. The annual South by Southwest Conferences and Festivals (SXSW) in Austin take place March 8-13 in 2013 and Chevrolet plans to help festival-goers ‘Find New Roads’ that impassion them while they interact with thought leaders in technology, music and film.
It’s no secret that SXSW is a hot ticket, both literally and figuratively. SXSW is made up of three “conferences”: Interactive, Music and Film that bring some of the biggest names in technology, business, music and film to the event along with thousands of other festival-goers planning to see what’s hot in technology, music and film.
While Chevrolet may not be presenting featured speakers like, Clive Davis or Dave Grohl, they still have a lot going on. Chevrolet is kicking of the event with a “Texas Technology” Day showing off technology and sustainable innovations. One of the highlights is the nation’s only GM Infotainment Center solely dedicated to supporting Chevrolet MyLink and other in-vehicle technology systems. Attendees will also get the chance to learn more about Austin’s own Pecan Street Inc.’s Mueller community (home to the most Chevrolet Volts in a concentrated residential area) and the new Pike Powers Lab. The new lab will promote research, commercialization and educational opportunities for University of Texas students, faculty and start-ups from UT’s Austin Technology Incubator (ATI) and Chevrolet offers a look inside.
Chevrolet is also providing transportation around Austin with its “catch a Chevy” program where attendees transported through the busy streets in a Cruze or Malibu. Chevy is also offering attendees the chance to win VIP upgrades, such as access into private events, music wristbands or side stage platform passes making an unforgettable SXSW experience.
A full round-up of Chevrolet’s activities at SXSW can be found below:
- Catch A Chevy: Attendees looking to discover downtown or check out a panel can use festivalfavorite, Catch A Chevy, to navigate the busy streets of Austin in a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Eco or Malibu at no cost.
- Drive A Chevy: For fans looking to catch a little wind in their hair, Drive A Chevy offers the opportunity to test drive a wide variety of Chevrolet vehicles, including the Camaro, Corvette, Equinox, Sonic, Spark and Volt.
- Find New Roads Lounge: Located in the Austin Convention Center, the FNR Lounge provides consumers a chance to recharge their devices and imagination, as well as opportunities to meet and mingle with their peers.
- Chevrolet Crossroads Lounge: The Chevrolet Crossroads Lounge will pop-up at 6th Street and San Jacinto daily during the Music festival, offering consumers an oasis amidst the hustle-and-bustle with seating to relax, charging stations for mobile devices, personalized festival posters and a chance to let loose while acting as DJ using the Chevrolet Sonic’s MyLink infotainment system to play their favorite tunes.
- Auditorium Shores Stage: Chevrolet will have a Camaro on-site and available for photo opportunities with SXSW’s largest stage and Austin skyline in the background. Fans will be able to capture their photo and share it with friends and fellow music lovers using Chevrolet’s on-site photo sharing capabilities and using #ChevySXSW.
- Festival Upgrades: Chevrolet will also provide festival-goers a chance to have an unforgettable SXSW experience by providing upgrades to attendees tapping into their social side. Festival-goers can win VIP upgrades, such as access into private events, music wristbands or side stage platform passes, by registering and scanning in at Chevrolet displays including the Find New Roads Lounge or Chevrolet Crossroads Lounge. Attendees can also receive upgrades by using Foursquare and/or social media @Chevrolet or #ChevySXSW.
- Tradeshow: The Chevrolet Spark equipped with the newest in-vehicle infotainment system MyLink – including demonstrations of the new Siri technology – will be on display during the SXSW Trade Show.
- Tweethouse: Chevrolet Tweethouse returns to SXSW to host panels and parties that celebrate the Social Web and the people who are creating and evangelizing technologies that are defining the future. Social media guru Brian Solis is the featured panelist and a musical performance will be given by Mark Ballas. Andrew Dinsdale, director, Chevrolet Digital and CRM, will join a panel to discuss how integrated campaigns can amplify a brand or person’s message, and Nick Pudar, vice president, OnStar Planning and Business Development, will speak to the convergence of mobile devices and a consumers overall experience with a brand or product.
- AllHat: Chevrolet will be sponsoring this year’s AllHat networking event which attracts some of the most influential names in social media marketing.
For more information on what Chevrolet is doing at South by Southwest, visit http://www.chevrolet.com/sxsw.html.