A closer look at the 2015 Cadillac Escalade shows that the fourth-generation of the vehicle is elevated in design and technology, inside and out. The quieter vehicle is perfectly crafted for today’s connected luxury riders as it combines new levels of design with the latest tech-tools to enhance experience and safety.
The all-new Escalade rolls off the assembly line next spring in Arlington, Texas. Some of its most exciting features fall into three categories: technology, design, and safety:
- Capacitive touch. Cadillac’s advanced system for connectivity and control (CUE) is now standard, featuring state-of-the-art voice recognition with touch controls common with the world’s most popular tablets and mobile devices.
- Blue-Ray DVD rear entertainment system. This system includes a nine-inch, roof-mounted screen on Escalade and two nine-inch screens on Escalade ESV.
- Magnetic Ride Control, the world’s fastest-reacting suspension system, delivers precisely controlled driving performance.
- LED headlights and taillights with individual crystal lenses.
- Cut-and-sewn and wrapped materials, with wood trim options for elegance and authenticity.
- Dramatically quieter. The interior is quieter thanks to a stronger new body structure, new and enhanced acoustic material and Bose Active Noise Cancellation technology.
- Heated and cooled seats are now standard on second-row bucket seats.
- Upgraded luxury car seats. The seats were designed to be more comfortable and sculpted in appearance with a reclining second row.
- More headroom and legroom. The front seating area offers more than 1.5 inches (44 mm) more headroom and more than four inches (101 mm) of additional legroom compared to previous models.
- Cargo versatility and hands-free liftgate. The second- and third-row seats fold flat for greater cargo versatility – and a segment-first hands-free liftgate includes programmable height settings.
- Front and Rear Automatic Braking. Helping drivers avoid front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking, if necessary.
- Forward collision alert. The system notifies an inattentive driver when a front collision is imminent.
- Front-center side airbag engineered to protect the driver and front passenger from slamming into one another in a side crash.
These are only a few of the features that will make drivers feel safe and tech-savvy all while living in the lap of luxury. It’s the Escalade drivers know and love, but it’s unlike any generation before it.