We ended the year of Auto Shows this week the same way we started it in Detroit last January – by introducing several new segment-leading vehicles that offer further evidence GM is designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles.
On Wednesday, we unveiled our all-new midsize Chevrolet pickup, the 2015 Chevy Colorado.
Colorado follows the introduction of the all-new Silverado full-size pickup last December and the Silverado HD in September. It completes the Chevrolet truck portfolio with a midsize entry that reinvents its segment.
The Colorado is designed to be the most versatile and capable truck in its segment, bar none. It is engineered to meet our consumer’s active lifestyles, offering them more capability, versatility and fuel efficiency than any other midsize pickup on the market. In fact, no other truck in the segment even comes close.
Colorado shares its DNA with the Silverado and Silverado HD, so no surprise that it will deliver unprecedented power, towing and payload – along with outstanding fuel economy – in a modern, tough and refined midsize package.
From its strong, fully-boxed frame to its quiet cabin and comfortable interior, Colorado is everything you expect from a Chevy truck, and more than you can expect from any other midsize pickup on the market.
Production of the Colorado starts in August.
Today, we followed the Colorado introduction with two all-new small car options from Chevrolet: the Sonic Dusk and Sonic RS Sedan.
The RS sedan joins the Sonic RS hatchback to give consumers another outstanding performance-car option. The RS sedan offers small-car enthusiasts the same premium features and driver refinements found on the hatchback, including youthful design, sport tuning and aggressive exterior and interior features. The sedan will initially feature three classic color combinations: Black Granite metallic, Silver Ice Metallic or Summit White with jet black leather-appointed interiors.
The Sonic RS sedan will be available in the spring.
Meanwhile, the Sonic Dusk sedan offers customers a level of sophistication and style previously unknown in the subcompact market.
Dusk features unique 18-inch aluminum wheels, four-wheel disc brakes, brushed satin exterior appointments and body kit. Both Dusk and the RS sedan feature our Ecotec 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
Dusk arrives in dealer showrooms in late spring.
Small cars like the Sonic RD sedan and Dusk are powering Chevrolet’s resurgence in California, where the brand continues to gain share and attract new customers to the GM family.
Combined, Colorado, Sonic Dusk and the Sonic RS sedan add to one of the largest product rollouts in GM history. They represent three of the 13 Chevrolet products we’re launching in the U.S. this year. And looking at all our brands, we’ll launch more than 60 products around the globe in 2013 and 2014, including 28 in the U.S. alone.
In a fast-changing, consumer-driven business like ours, you win by bringing a steady stream of world-class, segment-leading products to market. Colorado, Sonic Dusk and the Sonic RS sedan do just that. They continue the product momentum we’ve been building for several years, and set the stage for another dynamic and fast-paced year for GM in 2014.
Editor’s Note: Here are just a few of the awards earned this year;
- Buick – 2013 Kelly Blue Book Brand Image Award for “Best Value Luxury Brand,” “Top Popular Brand” by AutoPacific
- Cadillac ATS – North American Car of the Year by the Motor Press Guild, “Best of the Year” Drivers’ Choice by PBS’ MotorWeek
- Cadillac CTS – Car and Driver magazine’s 10 Best cars
- Chevrolet Camaro – Consumers Digest 2013 Automotive “Best Buy,” Best Retained Value for a Convertible by Edmunds.com
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray – Car and Driver magazine’s 10 Best cars, 2014 Yahoo Autos Car of the Year, Automobile magazine’s 2014 Automobile of the Year
- Chevrolet Cruze – U.S. News’ Best Compact Car for Famliies
- Chevrolet Cruze Diesel – Popular Mechanics Automotive Excellence Award for Fuel Efficiency
- Chevrolet Silverado – Road and Track’s Best Pickup of 2013
- GMC – Named the #1 mass-market brand in dealership service satisfaction by J.D. Power