On the eve of the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit hundreds gathered at the Russell Industrial Complex for the unveiling of the 7th generation of the iconic Corvette. The reveal was arguably the most buzzed about event at the show and it didn’t disappoint. The car that has been teased in numerous videos was unveiled to the public to rave reviews.
Everyone can now see what it looks like but still can’t drive it until late Summer 2013. That is unless fans have a Sony PlayStation®3 and Gran Turismo 5. Chevrolet and Sony gave gamers a first-of-its-kind driving experience by offering a camouflaged Corvette C7 Test Prototype as a vehicle download in the critically acclaimed PS3™ racing game Gran Turismo®5 in November and now they are giving them another one-of-its-kind experience when the camouflage comes off to unveil the latest version of the iconic Corvette in GT5.
The Corvette C7 Stingray became available to download and take for a spin on January 15. Sony and Chevrolet collaborated to give an authentic driving experience when behind the wheel of the new Corvette in the game. Designers paid attention to details to give the car in the game specific characteristics of the new Corvette.
To download the all new Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray:
First, grab the new Corvette in the PlayStation® Store.
- From the XMB (Cross media bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose the [PlayStation®Store] under the [PlayStation®Network].
- From the menu on the left side of the PlayStation®Store top screen, select “Add-Ons.”
- Select “Disc-Based Game Add-Ons.”
- Select “A-L” and then from the title list, go to “Gran Turismo 5.” Or, you can search using the Search function.
- Select the new 2013 Chevrolet Corvette, and follow the instructions to complete your purchase.
Next, install the Corvette in Gran Turismo 5.
- Select the Download Content button on the right side of the main menu in Gran Turismo 5. (If the free game update (Spec 2.0) has not been applied, this button will not appear.)
- A list of purchased content will appear. Press the Install button for the content you would like to install.
- The installation will complete. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the items to your collection.