A strategic plan of attack is necessary for any successful holiday shopping experience. Not only should your plan include bringing a list of sales and items you want to purchase, but it should also take into account how to get to and from the malls and big box stores safely and comfortably. Thankfully, the 2014 Buick Encore is perfectly suited to help you fulfill your holiday shopping needs and below are the Encore’s ten most noteworthy features for Black Friday or any other day this holiday season.
1. Cargo Room – for its petite frame, the Encore features plenty of room with 48.4 cubic feet of storage space, when the rear seats are folded. That is enough room for two new sets of golf clubs, a 46-in television or a 28-inch bicycle, among other larger items you might find yourself buying on a Black Friday shopping spree.
2. Added Space – the front passenger seat folds flat to extend the cargo length even more and accommodates items up to eight feet long – a new pair of skis or perhaps that ladder someone has always wanted?
3. Storage Nooks and Crannies – eight beverage holders, storage in all four doors, four bins in the dash, pockets in the seatbacks and bins under the rear load floor around the spare tire allow for plenty of bags, boxes and large cups of coffee.
4. Agility and Maneuverability – the compact 36.7 ft. turning radius helps drivers maneuver hectic mall parking lots.
5. Warmth – with an available leather-wrapped heated steering wheel and heated seats occupants can be comfortable during pre-dawn hours.
6. A Full Safety Suite – there’s nothing worse than parking lot chaos, but the Encore features 360O safety technology including Front and Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning.
7. Connectivity – keeping in touch with fellow shoppers can be critical on Black Friday in terms of finding the best deals and even parking availability. Buick’s IntelliLink system includes text message support and Siri Eyes Free. With text message support, the driver is able to be alerted to new messages and can have them read aloud, view and respond to them (functionality depends on the smartphone).
8. OnStar’s Available RemoteLink Mobile App – allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle.
9. Roadside Assistance – OnStar can also help provide roadside assistance and track and immobilize stolen vehicles; after all, thieves go “shopping” on Black Friday, too.
10. Serenity – Buick Encore’s Quiet Tuning provides a relaxing environment when traversing from hectic store to hectic store, including the first application of Bose Active Noise Cancellation.